This post may contain affiliate links, please see site footer for more details.
Back in June, I shared my Baby Shower Registry which included EVERYTHING that I had on my Amazon Registry. Today I have a four-month-old and that newborn is turning into a toddler before my eyes! There are some items that were on my registry that I could have done without and some that I still use every day.
Today, I am pulling together the items that were essential for the first three months of having our boy around the house.
(Pic because omg he was so tiny!)
- Diapers, Diapers, Diapers & more Diapers! We just had to buy our first box of diapers this month! That is four months of diapers we did not have to go out and buy + we have a box of size 3 for when
babyboy grows out of size 2!
- I didn’t register for the boppy lounger but thank goodness for Ben’s co-worker! I used this every darn day during the first two months, it was perfect for when he couldn’t use the Bumbo seat (I also highly recommend this bad boy, but it’s not a “Newborn Essential”)
- Speaking of Boppy, you need one and I recommend getting multiple covers to make throwing them in the laundry easier.
- Okay so on my registry I asked for these and, while they are great for a quick wipe of the face, they are NOTHING compared to cloth diaper burp cloths. Get a million.
- Isaac used his swing almost every evening while I made dinner. After 5 PM was our witching hour, meaning he was tired but didn’t want to nap, and the swing was a lifesaver.
- When I was registering I thought that a wipe warmer was ridiculous. But as temperatures began to drop and I was changing him at 2 AM, I felt bad putting the cold wipe on his bum. So I caved. Worth it.
- Again, not on my registry, but using dresser drawer dividers has really helped me keep his drawers organized. AND made it easier when we needed to switch outfits in the dark before he slept through the night. I got mine from Ikea but these on Amazon are a lot like them.
- I registered for both an audio and video monitor and I am so glad that I had both. Being able to look at him before climbing into bed myself keeps the worrying at a minimum.
- Another item I didn’t register for but bought within the first two weeks is a Moby Wrap. This was definitely better than the carrier (I use this WAY more now that he’s bigger) when he was just a few weeks old because I could snug him up against me really well while I cleaned or made myself lunch.
- 2 Bottles of
Dreft. 1.) the scent is to die for and 2.) you are going to want to wash every single item that will touch baby before using it. Especially RED clothes.
Other than the duh items, like nursery furniture and sleepers, that’s my list of essentials for a newborn. We used ALL of the items on a daily basis and still use most today with our four-month-old!
To wrap up I just want to share that this past weekend we had a night out!
We hired Ben’s little sister to
When we got home I had the realization that my life has come full circle. I handed my little sister in law some cash and was taken back to the days when I was the babysitter. I sat down to
The moral of the story, my dear friends, is that life is weird. Memories hit at odd times and you end up on the other end of where you started off. And that…is pure poetry.