DISCLAIMER: This post may contain affiliate links. Meaning I may earn a commission (at no cost to you!) if you click through and make a purchase.
If you read this post, you know that I have some goals to be crushing this year both personally and professionally as a blogger. During January I got serious about planning my content calendar and treating this blog as my job, not just my hobby. I made myself a daily schedule that I am trying to stick to, despite my son’s best efforts, and I feel good about those goals!
But now, somehow, the first month of 2019 is over and we are headed into Valentines Day season. A few things.
1. I still feel weird writing/typing 2019.
2. My son is going to be four months old in 4 DAYS!
3. We have to pay car insurance…
4. I really need to get to Goodwill and drop off the bag of donations that have been in my car for three weeks…
5. Speaking of Goodwill, I need to go upstairs and go through the closet I haven’t opened in a year.
Wait, that’s my to-do list. My B.
Where was I…OH!
So with 2019, I have decided that I will be publishing our family’s Monthly Favs! This is anything that we have fallen in love with over the course of the month, new or old, that we just couldn’t do without. Maybe something for Ben, Isaac or even the dogs. But mostly me!!!! (Book of Mormon anyone?)
With that being said, I have rounded up the items we just could not have done
January 2019 Family Favs
- I started cleaning my face every night with this facial cleanser and my skin feels soooo good when I climb into bed. It especially feels good after a foundation day!
- I bought a desk calendar about midway through the month and it has changed everything. I have been really on top of the blog, what we are doing every day and even chores!
- We finally got a leash splitter for taking the dogs on walks and it has been a lifesaver. I don’t know why we didn’t get one earlier.
- We’ve been reading this book to Isaac every night before bed, he loveeeees the illustrations.
- This book is mommy’s favorite to read to him, though.
- I recently bought a pair of Cabin socks and I can’t get enough. They were especially perfect the other day when wind chills here in Cincy made it feel like -30 outside. I basically live in these and leggings nowadays.
- I washed about 10,000 wubbies (snugglers, those little blankets with animal heads)the other day (I shared this on my insta) and Isaac is a huge fan! We have a ton and Isaac doesn’t have a favorite yet, which I am sure is to come.
- Speaking of stuffed animal things, someone got one of these for Isaac and it was a game changer with the polar vortex here in Cincy. His is a little brown bear and the warmth lasted more than three hours!
- Ben has been using this shave cream since I got it for him this Christmas, and he really enjoys the cooling effect.
- However, he said that it doesn’t foam up as much as the bar that came with his set so he mixes the bar and the cooling cream.
- We would not be making it through cold season without Nose Frida and saline drops.
- I have also been putting this on the bottom of Isaac’s feet *almost* every night. Not sure if it works but he hasn’t gotten a cold since his first one in November when I started using it??
- I just finished The Longest Ride (first book of 2019) by Nicholas Sparks and OMG read it! (You can get it free with an audible free trial)
- The Arianna Grande tattoo and response from the internet MADE MY DAY.
And that’s it. All the items that have come into our lives recently that we just couldn’t have gotten through the first month of the year without!
In other news, as January comes to a close, I do believe Isaac has started teething so February should be excellent
for my nipples. If you have any awesome home remedies or tricks up yo’ sleeve, send them my way PRONTO!
Till next time, stay warm!
P.S I would loveeeee if you’d share this on Pinterest 😉